Friday, April 07, 2006

Baby Brother

Olivia loves to hold Malcolm - today she even held him while he was crying, which previously had freaked her out. Sabrina likes to hold him too - usually for about three seconds, after which she says "Mama," as in, "Mama, take this baby now, I'm done." But I love that she tries. ( This picture is the result of me telling her to open her eyes and smile at the camera. To her, smiling equals squinting, so it was a difficult concept for her.)
I told the girls to give him a kiss, which they are always eager to do. He's a lucky boy to have such loving sisters. There doesn't seem to be any signs of sibling jealousy...it probably helps that the girls love to play with each other, so that while I'm busy with Malcolm nobody feels totally left out.
It appears that at least one of my children will have my eye color. It's hard to tell from this picture, but they're bright blue. The girls' eyes were very dark right from the beginning. Malcolm's may still darken, but I'm holding out hope that my recessive gene will stand strong! This picture was taken just after his bath, which he loves. That is, he loves being in the water, and being wrapped up in the towel - the few seconds in between seem to be torturous, no matter how warm the bathroom is! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home